Best Electric Heaters

 Find The Best Electric Heaters, Portable Space Heaters, Bathroom Electric Heater, Best Portable Heater, Wall Heaters for home or office


 

 

How To Prevent House Fires From Electric Heater Problems

If your home electric heaters are faulty they can cause many problems for you and your family- from a simple power trip to setting your home on fire.You may not want to see you home end up in smoke after reading this article about this unfortunate Daytona house fire that started as a result of a faulty home electric heater.

 

The Daytona Beach Fire Department says a heater malfunction caused a house fire on Keech Street Tuesday morning. Daytona Beach Fire Department spokesperson Lt. Larry Stoney says firefighters were dispatched to the house in the 200 block of Keech Street around 5 a.m. Tuesday. On their arrival, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof of the single story home. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the rear bedroom area of the home and minimize damage. No one was injured in the fire, and officials estimate there was around 25-thousand dollars damage to the home. The four residents of the home are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
 
Fire officials say their investigation of the fire pointed to a heater malfunction in the rear bedroom, and that a resident of the home also said sparks had been coming out of the heater shortly before the fire.

Tips to avoid electrical fires

heating appliancesLt. Stoney also cited data from the U.S. Fire Administration, in warning that electrical fires can be caused by wiring installed incorrectly, and overloaded circuits and extension cords. The Daytona Beach Fire Department also recommends that electrical appliances and wiring be replaced, and not repaired, to avoid fires.
 
 
Appliances should bear the label of a recognized testing laboratory, and surge protectors or power strips should have internal overload protection. The Daytona Beach Fire Department also reminds residents to keep clothes and other items that can catch fire at least three feet away from all portable electric space heaters.
 
Read full article here:

Daytona house fire Tuesday likely caused by electric heater problem

"The Daytona Beach Fire Department also reminds residents to keep clothes and other items that can catch fire at least three feet away from all portable electric space heaters. Click here to visit the Daytona Beach Fire Department website. You can ...Examiner.com"

Performing regular maintenance on your home electric heaters is the best protection to avoid a fire. However what objects you place in your house specifically near these electrical heating devices is also very important especially inflammable ones.

 
 

Gas Heaters


Electric Heaters

About Us    
Contact Us